There are several options for improving your smile, but opting for dental veneers has many advantages.
A dental veneer is a thin covering that is placed over the front (visible) part of the tooth. Veneers may be used to lighten front teeth that are naturally yellow or have a grey cast that cant be whitened by bleaching. Sometimes, they are used to correct teeth that are chipped or worn. They may also be used to correct uneven spaces or a large gap between the upper front teeth.
There are two type of veneers that your dental provider will discuss with you, ceramic veneers and composite resin veneers.
- Smooth and translucent surface provides a natural appearance.
- Resistant to staining.
- Composite resin veneers:
- Take fewer visits to the dentist.
- Easy to replace if damaged.
Both types of veneers benefits include:
- No special maintenance is needed other than good oral hygiene each day.
- Veneers typically require less removal of tooth enamel than crowns.
Written By: Dr. Ken Hamin